Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Tour of 2010

Merry Christmas *<l :)
This is our first Christmas in our new house and was I having fun. 
I gave each room a "theme" and ran away with it.
I had so many things from years gone by and so many ideas in my head, how was I going
to get everything out in time and on the blog... Well, as you can see it's January 2, 2011 and I didn't.
Happy New Year everyone!! 
I'd like you to join me for a tour of Christmas at my house.

Welcome to the Dining Room, the land of Gingerbread and Candy Canes.
The Lollipop bunch was made for less than $5.00 and looks great!!!
So many compliments and groans(the kids want to eat it)(Sorry guys, maybe next time)
The bottom container was a find for $1.00 as well as the 3 lollipops.  I had a piece of
floral foam,which I stuffed in the bottom, covered it with the "glittery cotton" that some
use as a tree skirt. (had that left from a few years ago) Made the ribbons from extra
pieces in my ribbon box and used miniature candy canes from another project.
Pretty cute for under $5.00 and under 5 minutes.

This is my deal of an apothecary jar.
Michael's, one of my favorite stores, had a 50% off coupon and it had
my name written all over it!!!
After using the coupon, the beautiful jar was $7.00.  I filled the jar with a bag
of peppermint taffy with cute little stripes and attached polka dot ribbon.
This one was less than $10.00 and under 10 minutes.
PLUS~ I can use the jar for another holiday and keep the picture
to set it up again for Christmas 2011.

Here is the dining room table
The lollipop bunch, a Santa decorating a gingerbread house (I collect Santa's and he is from my collection)
The little snowman was from Hallmark this year,
How cute is he??? Gumdrops on his belly that light up to the music.
He is sitting nicely on a cake plate( an old wedding gift that comes in handy so often)
topped with the "glittery cotton" as well as miniature candy canes facing
one another to shape a heart...Holidays and Love go hand in hand.
My husbands a nutcracker collector, so what is a collection without
a gingerbread/peppermint nutcracker? Well, it's actually one, I wanted...shhhhh
The Apothecary jar on the end with wooded stars, gingerbread cookies all on a
runner of gingerbread kids and houses.

Merry Little Christmas Greeting in a merry little frame.
I got the frames in the shiny red color 2/$1.00
printed a template in color and cut to size.
Thanks for stopping by the first part of my
Dining Room tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment